Jarchive‎ > ‎

Our School

posted Aug 9, 2013, 9:03 AM by Salem Keizer   [ updated Sep 2, 2016, 3:40 PM ]
Scott Elementary School opened in 1977. It was named for Harry W. Scott, who was a bicycle shop owner in Salem from 1919 to 1963. He would fix children's bikes, often for little or no cost. He was on the Salem-Keizer School Board from 1946-1961, serving as chairperson for five years. The Salem Chamber of Commerce named him Salem's First Citizen in 1962.

Scott is a kindergarten through fifth-grade school with an average enrollment of 600 students. Our nickname is the Eagles.

Bilingual services are available.
  • Child care service available before and after school is provided by Salem Child Development Center at Chavez Elementary. For more information please call 503-363-9821.
Comments